Friday, September 28, 2007

Day 9

Today I wanted to make a present for a friend! I made some rubber stamps by cutting shapes out of an old inner-tube and gluing them to bottle tops. Super cool, i would have taken a picture but i had to leave in a hurry, so I delivered them and was on my way. I started with a heart, then moved on to a smiley face, then a really complicated lightbulb, then a big peace sign that covered the entire bottle top. The cutting got smaller and complicated, then the peace sign was different.

I also made an ink pad by tearing a big strip off an old t-shirt, folding it up into a pad, making an inky wet spot in the middle, and putting it in an old cassette case, crafty...

I wanted to make a present because i dissapointed my friend Abrina. I've been thinking about reconciliatory gifts. I think they address one of the following issues
1. The injured person is incovenienced or displeased in some way
2. The injured person doubts your love for them

No comments: